Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Wooden Spoon Project - Earth Safe Finishes

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Here with my post for Earth Safe Finishes
Remember all ESF Products are VOC free!
This week I am featuring a quick little up cycle project using a wooden spoon hubster found at The Goodwill Store.  I trashed my original project because it was just "UGLY!"
Earth Safe "Chalk It Up" Paints eliminate the need for a gesso base coat.  Since I decided my original project was just "not right," I had to create this project in about two hours so not needing that additional coat was a great timesaver!
So sorry I did not get a picture of my pretty little butterfly nestled in the bottom bouquet!
I had fun playing with the Lavendar Cream and Plum Preserves.  Trying to get the gradation just right was challenging.  The color change is not as subtle as I hoped, but it works!


Supplies Used:

Earth Safe Finishes "Chalk It Up" - Lavender Cream and Plum Preserves
Earth Safe Finishes "Chalk It Up" - No VOC Varnish
Craft Designer 1.5" Vine Wreath
15mm Berry Beads
Flowers of your choice
Flatback Pearls
Ribbon

Hugz!


Challenges Entered:

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous alteration Chana...very inspiring
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the colours and is that berries I spy in the Bowl. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet, Chana.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Chana! This is not only beautiful but also clever used of old wooden spoons! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration Chana.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana