Saturday, February 14, 2015

CANVAS CORP BRANDS 2015 DESIGN TEAM REVEAL

Hello Crafty Peeples!

It is so nice to begin my term as a Canvas Corp Brands Crew Member!  
For those of you who do not know, CCB is the parent company of  
  
It is awesome to be surrounded by so many talented ladies!  
For the DT reveal, we were asked to design a 4" x 4" canvas project that captures us as designers.  Those of you who visit here regularly know that I can be all over the place as a designer, so I really had to FOCUS on this project.

I had to incorporate earth tones into this canvas design.  They are so me!   I used a combinations of products:  Tattered Angels' Plain Jane Baseboard Matte Mists (Semi-Opaque) and  Plain Jane Simply Sheer Matte Mist (Water Color. )


I also used Inka Gold, Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glazes,  and Luminarte Primary Elements  (to hightlight the stenciled hand) and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo  Ink to sponge  the edges of the canvas and the dragon.



My current love for Mixed Media , Collage, texture paste and stencils is realized in the addition of this marvelous dragon and sentiment from 7 Gypsies'  Epicurean " 6"x6" Paper Pack.  I fussy cut the dragon, colored it, applied 4 coats of Mod Podge, and once dried, a coat of Crackle Accents!  


I applied masking tape to the sides of my canvas to achieve the look of  "distressed plaster."   Misc. embellishements provided depth and texture to the project.  All in all, I believed that I more or less captured my design aesthetic.  My style is evolving, so it will be interesting to see how I present myself on canvas at the end of my term wtih CCB.


I was totally awed by the fabulous canvas creations of my fellow Crew Mates.  
Each one seemed to be more beautiful that one that preceded it.  
Please click HERE to see our "Canvas Wall."
You can vote for your favorite canvas!

Thanks, bunches for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah





5 comments:

  1. Chana I so love the excellent coordination in all the elements here. Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ooh I love it! :) Gorgeous colors, love that crackle effect with the dragon and I've never heard/seen that sentiment before. Nailed it :)

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another beautiful project!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana