Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Give Thanks - Shopping Our Stash Challenge #126

Hello, Crafty Peeps!  
Here we are again giving you an opportunity to use some of those wonderful items that you have been hoard..  saving for a special challenge just like this one!  I know I am reducing my stash, well at least it is accumulating in a new box labeled "Shopping My Stash Stuff I Should Use!"  Okay, at least I'm trying.  But one thing I won't do is buy anything to use for my SOS projects...that would just be so wrong! :D)  Isn't it wonderful that all the orange and brown and black and green stuff you brought for October 31st themed cards will work just fine for Thanksgiving!  The Actual Theme of the Shopping Our Stash Challenge is "THANKFUL."
 I created the center layer by using various Tim Holtz Distress stains to color a piece of unbleached Muslin.  You can find the tutorial HERE.  I used Warm & Natural Needled Cotton Batting for my backing.  The "Safforn" Jute Ribbon is a recent acquisition, but was so perfect for this project that I just HAD TO USE IT!

    I stamped a large postcard image on the muslin and then mounted a smaller paper post card on top!

I used TH DI to color the flowers.  I spent a good forty-five minutes digging through my decorative brads  I must buy more; they come in so handy!   The Give Thanks Sentiment is from a archival cut out sheet that was sent from a vendor over 3 years ago.  And, although this is not a steampunk design, The G45 Steampunk Spells Paper matched my CS too pefectly to pass up!
In case you have not noticed, I am a huge fan of Tammy Tutterow.  I made these flowers using a tutorial she posted a couple of weeks ago.  The tutorial was for making leaves using the TH Leaf Die and Stamp.  I figured it would be a neat way to make a flower as well, so I gave it a try.  What do you think?  You can see Tammy's Tutorial HERE
I had fun using these Spellbinders' Dies for the first time.  I have chosen to use this type card base because it is so versatile and it forces me to do something with the insides of my cards!

I know I post a lot of pictures, but, HEY, I don't post ALL the pictures I FORCE my hubby to take!

THE BACK STORY
Card Stock: Bazzill Textured Butterscotch and Neenah Red Pepper (Linen)
Designer Paper: Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells
Postcard Cut Out: G45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe
Post Card Stamp: Unity Stamp Co. "Provencial Collection" Carte Postale
Jute Ribbon: Offray (Purchased at Blitsy)
Lace: Create with Carolace
Metal finding: Fabrscraps
Brads:  Bo Bunny (various collections)
Flowers: Petaloo Color Me Crazy (120 Piece Value Pack)
Inks: TH DI: Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Ripe Persimmon, Fired Brick
Inks: TH DS: Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Picket Fence, Squeezed Lemon
Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Tea Dye, Iced Spruce
Misc: Magnets, Fabric Fusion, Scor-tape, Xyron Mega Runner vellum

Challenges Entered:

26 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card, i especially love the effect of the hand-dyed muslin... but there are SO MANY amazing layers. i love that the inside is equally lovely, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, Chana! I love the warm and vibrant colors and all the beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post and card Chana! Will check out the tutorial right now!! This rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful you did a great job as always tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stunning! Love all the elements and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love the hand-dyed muslin! Such rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Chana, I love all the work you put into this piece of art! Thanks for sharing it with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great project, I love the centre inking, such rich vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, I love everything about it, the colours are beautiful. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card inside and out. I love all the different layers, especially the muslin layer and also your gorgeous fall colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Chana! Thanks so much for sharing this in our challenge this week. This is lovely, and would also be perfect for the color challenge this month at:
    www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com as well as at The Kraft Journal www.thekraftjournal.blogspot.com and Eureka Stamps www.eurekastamps.blogspot.com - We would LOVE having you share at all of them because it's SO lovely. But thanks a million for sharing with us at WAW, and may God specially bless you week with His goodness and love.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, Chana! Love all the gorgeous detail, and color! Yum, yum, yum! Your design and embellishments are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
    Jackie

    Please click here to join in my Blog Candy!

    SchoolinandScrappin
    7 Kids College Fund Challenge
    7 Kids College Fund Store Blog
    7 Kids College Fund Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful, vintage project! I love the fall color scheme. There are so many wonderful layers here! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project!! Love all the textures and the gorgeous colors.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Chana! Thought you'd want to know your my Featured Blogger this week!
    http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com/2013/11/feature-friday-11813.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many gorgeous elements and layers with this Chana. I love the way you've used some of your stash to create a really autumnal feeling piece. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the textures and patterns. Everything goes so well together. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 7kids college fund



    http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card and I love the colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous. Love your take on our Photo Inkspiration. Beautiful use of colours and texture. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are always work of arts! And this one is no exception! Just love the layering you have done and the vintage feel.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous layers and colours thank you for sharing your fabby project with the DT from Frilly and Funkie hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an absolutely stunning card! I love all the detail and texture you included. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have made a wonderfull card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colors and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Perfect Sentiments for our "Thanks/Thanksgiving" challenge. Good luck and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely LOVE this card, Chana. Thanks so much for accepting my invitation to play along at the other challenges. Im so glad you've joined us at V's Sweet Ideas and I hope you will be sure to come back again in December to play along again.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana